Sunday, September 25, 2016

Guest Designer ... Kerryn Fry

 Happy Sunday to you all

Today I am introducing another fabulous Guest Designer ... meet Kerryn Fry.


My name is Kerryn Fry, I am partner to Shane and mother to Harrison.
I have been crafting for nearly 12 years, mostly scrapbooking, doing the occasional
card and more recently trying a little mixed media.
My biggest confession is to being a chipboard junkie from way back. I love its versatility,
it always shines whether dramatically altered or left in a natural state.
I am mostly a masculine scrapper, but can occasionally put together the odd girlie page.
Whatever I create, it will almost always have chipboard somewhere featuring on it.
So you can understand how excited I was when asked to design a few projects using
Imaginarium Designs chipboard.

My favourite photos of you
 

This page was started with a Kraft cardstock base, given a lift with a few different background layers. A messy scraping of white gesso, two different blues from the Distress Ink range squished onto the gesso and then a stencilled layer of texture paste with a swipe of black Distress Ink left on the stencil. The honeycomb pieces were coloured using multiple colours of Distress Paint matching the main photo and then given a shiny finish with Dimensional Magic. The Nested Arrows which have been placed to keep the focus on the main photo and title have been simply coated with black Distress Paint and then the hollow section of the arrows were backed with patterned paper. Nat's hearts have been given the same treatment as the honeycomb pieces. The title was the main inspiration for this page, I love challenging myself to include loads of photos on one page. 


Gorgeous Smile


Another Kraft cardstock base, definitely my go-to choice! 
The background effect was simplified for this page, using two Distress Inks and two stencils. 
My new fav collection Crate Paper 'Cool Kid' features on this page with a great balance of primary colours. The chipboard star pieces are the Nested Arrows with the same alteration as the previous page with black paint and patterned paper. The little robot guy is just so cool! It was given a good gesso base coat, the silver parts were coloured with a pen, the majority of the robots was coloured using chalk pencil and a fixative. A little detail was added with black pen and then a final coat of Dimensional Magic. I love how rustic he looks. The title was coloured with Distress Paint and Dimensional Magic. Can you tell I like shiny finishes......a lot! No seriously, I think it makes the colours look more vivid when needed.
 


Live for Today



This page is my favourite of the three projects. 
You can't beat the chance to hang with the big sister and we love doing things together when the chance arises. The page has been created using Kaisercraft 'Boho Dreams'. The chipboard twigs and leaves were given a marbled paint effect as the base with four different greens in the Distress Paint range, once dry,  a random layer of Diamond Stickles was added as a 'snow' finish. The title was started with a thick base of gesso and then layer of white Distress Paint, once dry the Abandoned Coral Distress Paint was roughly smooshed to the top half of the title. Stickles was used to highlight the script part of the title. Also added the metal snowflakes from Seriously Scrapbooking, they have been given two coats of white Distress Paint and a little Stickles.
A huge Thank You to Imaginarium Designs for giving me the opportunity to 
play with their chipboard, I've had a ball!




1 comment:

  1. THese are all gorgeous layouts!! I really love how you got the awesome shine on the honeycomb pieces on the first layout!! Magnificent colors and the shine is so cool!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete