Wednesday, October 11, 2017

More Canvas Creations from the Team

This month our fab team are creating on a canvas for you - the girls have
come up with some super cool & exciting projects!
 

I've created 2 mini nameplate canvases for this months "canvas" theme. 
Each canvas is 10cm x 10cm. I started by selecting the chipboard I wanted to use on each canvas and gluing it down. Then I applied white gesso over the entire canvas. Next I mixed a bit of each of my Lindy's "Drop Dead Diva" Magicals into a palate and added water - so I could apply to my canvas with a brush. I also added some Magicals direct to the canvas in places. Once this had dried I added some flowers and painted these as well. Lastly I added some stamping and used a black gelato to define the edges. I also added some black and white paint splatters with Posca paint pens. Chipboard used includes alphas, flourishes, birdcage, butterflies, and frame.





I have chosen to use a Tim Holtz steampunk, burlap canvas for my project this month. The great thing about this canvas is that the back ground is already done for you. I added some colour to the edges using distress inks and colour blast mica powder and water. The papers are again Tim Holtz and I have primed the chipboard with transparent gesso and applied the Colour Blast shimmer cubes. This little angel lives in Colorado so the number plate is as perfect addition to this little canvas.










The title is Halloween!
I applied Gesso,two colors of mist.
Finally I also painted metallic water color.



Have a fabulous day

No comments:

Post a Comment